|Timeline changes: PNG in May!
We were informed on friday that we need to be in Papua New Guinea by May 19th. This is due to multiple factors including the changes and limitations in global travel that have developed over the past year. Our existing plan was to depart mid-July in order to begin the E2 (orientation) program. Two months may not seem like a big change, but we are currently at 49.6% of our needed monthly financial support. We were planning on using that time to the fullest to continue moving toward seeing our ministry fully funded before leaving for PNG. After around a year of limited group sharing opportunities, we just recently filled our schedule with sharing opportunities in local churches from late February to mid June, so it’s a little painful having to cancel some of these opportunities.
So here’s where we’re at: we need 50% of our needed monthly financial support in 11 weeks. We feel a little crazy, but we are moving forward in faith, knowing that our God can easily make this happen. Not reaching our needed support means postponing our move to PNG till around next January. We are feeling the weight of urgency to go, knowing that there are people living and dying in Papua New Guinea with no access to the Good News of Jesus Christ.
What the next few months look like for us right now:
-We’re in Tennessee until early April.
-Fly to Washington State early April, returning early May.
-Lord-willing, leave for Papua New Guinea mid-May.
Points of Prayer:
-For full funding of our ministry by mid-May.
-For Hazel’s Passport to come quickly, so we can submit the final government paperwork necessary for us to go.
-Peace and dependance on Him as we move swiftly to prepare our family to go.
-Andrew & Rachel, Simeon & Hazel