When we returned from getting groceries in town, there it was sitting right in front of our house – the red bike! We didn’t know how it got there but were all thanking God for it.
Later that night as we were putting the boys to bed, we asked Luke (as we often do) to mention something for which he was thankful. He said "I’m thankful that God did a miracle for me and brought the red bike back."
You see, last year, there was a boy here who had two big red tricycles. Andrew and Luke could often be seen riding up and down the little road between our houses. Andrew and his family left and are now studying French before going to Africa. Before we left for the summer, though, they said that they would leave one of the bikes for Luke to use since Andrew didn’t need both of them. Luke really likes riding that bike because "it makes more dust."
But, when we returned here to school two weeks ago, we couldn’t find the bike anywhere – until we got back from Wal-mart. The excitement on Luke’s face and in his voice was evident. He was so thankful for the blessing God had sent.
We, too, have experienced God’s blessings in many ways – some large, some small – over the past few weeks.
– friends from our home church who sent gifts for the boys to open on our long trip
– the hospitality and generosity of many between PA and MO
– a gallon of milk from neighbors (little did they know that we were almost out and didn’t really have time to take a trip into town to get more)
– an anonymous gift sent to our NTM account in FL
– some donated clothes just the right size for Luke and Titus (the Lightning McQueen PJ’s were the favorite find)
– the willingness of classmates to help watch our kids so we don’t have to miss so much class
– and the list could go on…
God has blessed us in so many ways and we are excited to be taking the news of Him to those who have never heard. Thanks for helping us!
Click here to see some photos from our summer.