The Gerai Bible audio recording team may have showed up on June 13th with all but the kitchen sink, BUT somehow they left on July 18 taking the sink with them!! We really miss their very contagious enthusiasm and laughter around this church complex. They left with the same enthusiasm they brought when they arrived. No, in spite of their enthusiasm they were actually more excited to get back home!
Packing up and leaving!
The Gerai team during the final week of recording.
Two of the Gerai tribal youngsters, Ena (bottom row 2nd from left) and Risdi (top, 4th from left), youngster being college age.
Ena headed off with Rina to missionary training school to be prepared to serve cross-culturally.
Risdi, again on right proudly holding his certificate for audio reading. These young people were excited to be used during the recording and their parents were so proud to be able to include them and ask us to continue praying for their spiritual maturity.
Praises from around the province this month:
- New Embaloh literacy program has gotten off to a great start!
- Punan translation check beginning this week of over 1,000 verses!
- 15 solar powered audio players delivered with the NT installed for listening groups in Semandang!
- Successful audio recording of Gerai scriptures!
- 3 more Kendawangan believers baptized and publicly acknowledging their faith!
As mentioned above, Ena (from Gerai) and Rina (Embaloh), two of our young disciples, are now starting cross-cultural missionary training in another province. Please pray for them as they are trained to help us in reaching their own world with the gospel.
- Smooth checking of the Punan translation, plenty of checkers and good health for the team.
- Ena and Rina getting settled at the missionary training school.
- Completion of Semandang literacy curriculum for use in outreach.
Thanks so much for your prayers,