Literacy Materials Complete
The preparation of literacy teaching materials took longer than we had anticipated but we finally got it off to the printers. However, we found that they were very short-handed and that we would have to wait in line (possibly for months) before they could get to our job. So David had to reformat the first 2 books in the course so that he could print some here. We needed just enough to make it for a while with the first class until the real ones come back from the printers. If they don’t get back before we finish the first two then he will need to scramble and print more to tie us over.
David has been translating scripture again for the last several weeks. He is translating needed verses and double-checking others that have already been translated.
We were ready to set the date for teaching when some village problems broke out that need to be settled before we start. We hope they will be settled in a week or so at which time we can discuss the date for the start of teaching with the people. This “Bible school” is important and we don’t want anyone to miss it because of court cases or unresolved conflicts with others who will be attending. One young man was planning a trip that would take him out of the tribe for a month or two but when he heard how close the teaching was he said he no longer wanted to go because he didn’t want to miss the teaching! He is not the only one showing interest. There have been many people asking when it will start, never in the past has there been such an interest in hearing God’s Word. We believe that God really is preparing Simbari hearts to hear the Truth.
David and Shari Ogg
(Esther, Simon, Rachel and Jason)
Praise and Prayer:
- Praise that the preparation of literacy materials is done.
- Pray for them to not take too long to be printed because we need them back for teaching the course.
- Pray for David as he works on translation that will be used when teaching Bible lessons. He is translating some verses not yet done and comprehension checking the verses that have already been translated.
- Pray for good and regular attendance at the upcoming teaching of Genesis through the Gospels.
- Pray for God’s protection for our family during this time of spiritual battle.
- Pray that many Simbari people would clearly understand the Gospel of the Grace of God through Jesus Christ.