Community Trouble Settled
The trouble that caused us to postpone teaching was settled today. The whole issue had escalated way out of proportion but, thankfully, an agreement was reached today that was more than we could have hoped for. The whole issue just seemed to build the peoples respect for us and afterward the people were all wanting to know when we could start teaching.
T-Day Is Set!
After settling the community problems the people asked when we could start teaching and because everything is ready, I was able to respond, “As soon as you want me to.” and so they marked this coming Monday, Oct. 22, 2001 as the day to begin teaching. Teaching will take place for about 1 hour each morning Monday-Friday for over 3 months.
I worked with my translation helper this morning and then spent the afternoon getting teaching aids ready for the teaching. (Maps, time-lines, etc. needed to be made up in the Simbari language) Some men are weaving new bamboo walls for the literacy building and also some work needs done in the next few days to get the area ready to function as a Bible school.
David and Shari Ogg
(Esther, Simon, Rachel and Jason)
Praise and Prayer:
- Praise for the quick settlement of the trouble.
- Pray for Shari and Lori making last minute preparations to teach Literacy.
- Pray for David as he continues with translation and makes final preparations to teach.
- Pray for good and regular attendance each day for the teaching of God’s Word in the Simbari language.
- Pray that the Simbari people would clearly understand the Bible lessons.