The last few weeks have been very interesting. After presenting the Gospel we heard testimonies of faith and of people wanting to hear more of God’s Word. While many were present we arranged to meet the next Sunday but when Sunday came around there were only 7 people there. The next week the weather was not real good and nobody showed. The following week we had 2 people show up and proceeded to meet with them and another 5 came later. Needless to say we have struggled some to understand what is going on. As we talked with some of the people we would hear clear testimonies of faith in Jesus and an apparent interest in hearing more of God’s Word, but then hardly anyone would come to the meeting on Sunday. We just realized that even if God only gave us 2 to disciple that we would need to be faithful. Then, to our surprise, last week the guys got together and cleared out all the weeds growing around the meeting house. This Sunday we suddenly had a good turnout of approximately 20 people. At first we were a little skeptical of their motives but then, after the lesson, when we gave them opportunity to share what they thought of the Gospel we were pleasantly surprised. We heard at least a half a dozen clear testimonies of faith that Christ paid the death penalty for sin, and salvation is free to those who believe in the finished work of Jesus.
Some of the Testimonies went like this:
“When I heard that Jesus finished the work (of paying for sins) and that we can receive salvation freely, I was very happy.”
“We’ve heard lots of “church” teaching but we shouldn’t listen to just what people say but God’s Word is the truth and we should believe what it says.”
“I am so happy about hearing how Jesus’ death made a bridge between man and God.”
“We need to agree with God and His talk (about our sin and Jesus death) and then God will accept us.”
Thanks for praying – Please don’t stop!
- PRAISE for those who have trusted in Jesus who died in their place, paying the penalty for sin.
- PRAISE for the encouraging meeting this Sunday.
- PRAISE for God’s provision for a work team from California arriving next week to build our co-workers house.
- Pray for those who are still unclear or undecided about the Gospel.
- Pray for the Spirit to continue to draw people to the truth.
- Pray for Dave as he translates Bible lessons for the new believers.
- Pray for the work team making final preparations to come and for safety in their travels.
David and Shari Ogg
(Esther, Simon, Rachel and Jason)