We were excited to receive a Skype call from our daughter, Esther, on Thanksgiving Day letting us know the happy news of her engagement to Tim Lawrence. Tim’s parents were missionaries here in PNG for many years and Tim and Esther attended school together. They are planning for a March wedding, so Lord willing, we will be flying back to California for a couple of weeks during Jason’s spring break. We would appreciate prayers concerning God’s provision for this unexpected expense (around $5000) to be able to attend our daughter’s wedding.
The bone specialist is planning to operate and remove the iron rods from Gwandambi’s leg on December 15th so please pray that everything would go smoothly with his surgery. It’s been very difficult lately for Gwandambi and his family as they are separated from each other, however, God is doing some special things to remind them that He is with them and desires to use this trial not only in their lives but also to strengthen the faith of others. Just this week we heard that God has orchestrated it so that another PNG brother who was facing surgery on his foot has ended up in the bed next to Gwandambi! He was feeling very apprehensive, so Gwandambi shared with him how God has been faithful and has helped him during the lengthy trial with his bone infection. This brother was inspired by Gwandambi’s courage and faith, and he texted our missionary friends to tell them about it. We have such a loving Heavenly Father!
- For David as he continues to make progress on Bible translation. At the moment he is almost done with the preliminiary draft of Matthew.
- For the Simbari church as they continue to grow and reach out to others with Christ’s love. Some village leaders who oppose the Gospel have been threatening people not to attend the Bible teaching down at the other village.
- For Simon as he continues to work towards his teaching credential to become a missionary school teacher.
- For Rachel as she adjusts to a new job at a small café near the Bible college. She has struggled with being able to pay her school fees so will need to stay on campus during Christmas in order to keep working. Pray that she will have a special Christmas and not be too lonely.
- For Esther and Tim as they make wedding plans and trust the Lord to provide for their needs and travel expenses for all the family to come to the wedding.
Thanks so much for your prayers!
David and Shari