As we wrap up our time with these 9 families, we are excited about the potential of how God is going to use each one. Each of these families will be joining a team, or forming teams among themselves, to plant a church among a remote tribal village somewhere here in PNG! That is so exciting for us. We can’t wait to see the people God brings to himself through these families. Keep praying for them as they move out from here!
- We had 2 families depart on Monday. Another will depart this coming Monday, 2 on Thursday, the remaining 4 Monday the 7th. Pray for them as they make this next transition.
- 3 of our 4 new families arrived in country a week ago. Pray for the 4th as they are still finalizing paperwork. They hope to arrive around the 1st of June.
- Praise: Caleb passed is bus CDL this week. He is now an official school bus driver. He is enjoying his new job.
- Praise: Thank you Charlie and Becky Grimaldi for hosting Caleb for his summer break. Thank the Lord with us in providing a place for Caleb to stay for the summer.
- Continue to pray for baby Kay. He is due July 20.
- Pray for safety for my trip to the “bush” this weekend.
One of the families is moving into the “bush” location where our coworkers here have served for the past 15 years. So, he needs to go in and clean and make the house livable for this family. I (David) have the priviledge of going in to help him. The trip will consist of a 6 hour car ride, then a 7 hour boat trip, followed by a few hours of hiking, to get to the village.
This is the reason I am writing early this week. We will be leaving tomorrow morning, and will return on Wednesday. Pray for safety, and good weather. Pray we can get the house ready for the family to live in for the next 6-7 weeks.
This is about a 2 hour hike from the family we visited last year with Caleb. Sam and Hazen’s home, if you remember them. I’d love to be able to visit them again while I am out there too.