Happy Holiday greetings from George and Linda Heckman.
We are so thankful this Thanksgiving to remember the MANY blessings the Lord has given us this year.
- We have two new granddaughters-Elena (25 February to Amy & Hector) and Amelia (3 August to Tim and Charity).
- We welcomed Brett and Debby Home from Nicaragua, when violence in the country forced them to leave. We are thankful they are settled again in Palm Bay, FL and involved in ministry and raising their family.
- We have been strengthened for the many changes we have faced this year.
- Travelling to South Florida almost every weekend to help out with the care of George’s parents has been a privilege and a real stretching time. God is good! We have seen much improvement since Dad’s paralysis on January 17, 2018. Mom is showing some improvement and we are thankful to be able to contribute to her care.
- Grace for the day, grace for the moment, and encouragement from our children, and prayer support from you, our team of prayer partners!
THANK YOU LORD!!!
We look forward to a fun holiday season, and trust that the days of our lives are in His hands. He will continue to provide and strengthen us as we walk with Him.
We are so excited to see how the Gospel is spreading through out the world. People who had no chance to hear the Gospel in their heart languages are hearing and putting their faith in Jesus Christ as their only Hope for Salvation. Here is an excerpt from a missionary in Mexico.
A BABY CHURCH!
Praise God and celebrate with us and with the angels in Heaven that there is now a group of six N*** **t”) believers joining the missionaries in worshiping their Father together! These six have understood the Gospel clearly and chosen to believe God and leave their old ways.
Pray for these believers– Lxxxxa, Rxxxxa, Bxxxxxa, Axxxxa, Hxxxxxo, and Axxxxxxxa— to “grow in their faith and to be bold in a community that is not very accepting of ‘different’”(missionary Rachel); and that their families would be saved, as well.
Pray for Exa, Yxxxxxxa, Rxxxxxxa, and others who are still interested but have missed a lot of the teaching. Some of these are listening to recorded Scriptures and lessons.
Also pray for those who have decided against believing God’s way…
Lxxo has decided she and her family do not want to hear anymore; they want to keep worshiping their saint-idols.
Axxxxxxo tells the missionaries that while he understands what they’ve been teaching, he is choosing to stick with the old ways. Says missionary, Rachel , “He is more scared of what the saint-idols would do to him if he left them than how God could punish him after he dies.” He says they’ll listen to the end of the story (last week and this week), but “they are still choosing their saint-idols over the True God.” April 2018
God is at work all around this globe. Many People Groups are hearing His Truth. We are so thankful we can be a part of the effort to reach the world for where He has placed us in central Florida. It is a team effort, and what we can do is enabling others on the fields to stay and do the work that must be done there. Honestly, our department at the Home Offices, as well as other departments here are really crying for help. Please pray that the Lord will send forth laborers into His harvest. The needs are great! You can look at the Ethnos360 website and see some of the needs within our organization and pray specifically for the Lord to provide in these areas. Go to ethnos360.org and push the GO button. There will be options to look at needs for Career missionaries, Associate missionaries, and Volunteers. Maybe you would like to be involved in some way in reaching out to those without hope in 2019!
Thank you so much for your prayers for our family and ministries. Thank you for the moral support you give. We would LOVE to hear from you. Have a WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON!!!
George & Linda Heckman