Delicious and Healthy Birthday Cake!
God’s provisions abounded as we have settled into a beautiful family home in Nova Scotia for the next 5 months. Thank you all for praying for us as we traveled from MA to Canada mid-January. It was quite a trip with many unexpected delays and changes. But after two days we made it here to Nova Scotia and enjoyed a quiet 2 week quarantine. Jonathan and Naomi have enjoyed a few days of school here and there as we have had many snow days, sick days and a holiday and now we are having a 2 week Spring break! But they both LOVE going to Oceanview Christian Academy where their Nannie or Grandma is their principal! How nice is that?! And they are excited to go back to school after March break!
We have been working hard at settling into our home, processing the last 4 years in Papua New Guinea, wrapping our minds around the Canadian culture, figuring out how to live in a Covid world and making a 15 minute video to share with everyone about our last 4 years in PNG! We are excited to start sharing about all that God has done and is doing in PNG starting Sunday here in Nova Scotia! Please let us know if you would like us to come share in your churches, Sunday School classes, or Bible Study groups or just get together to chat…. We love to talk about Papua New Guinea and all that God is doing there!
We are amazed as usual at God’s plan in working out the details of our lives. Sometimes it is easy to worry and try to make things happen according to our plan. Other times things just seem impossible. But, just like a small child, we can just hold God’s hand, trusting that He knows the next steps and will reveal them to us at the right moment. For example, it is a waste of energy to worry about how we will find an apartment in MA when it seems many people in NY are moving to MA and housing is not available! Instead we need to pray and respond to the ideas that God puts into our heads and wait on his wisdom. Although waiting is sometimes hard for us as we like to have answers now. 😊 We are continually thankful for our Father who always provides for us every step of the way… traveling around the world and crossing borders during Covid, finding houses and cars in North America as well as schooling. It has also been so neat to see how well Jonathan and Naomi are adjusting to a whole new life, culture, climate and ministry in the last couple months!
- Safe flights from Boston, MA to Halifax, NS over 2 days!
- Settling into life in Nova Scotia – provision of a home and car!
- Jonathan and Naomi are enjoying school!
- All documents have been submitted for Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency!
- We are healthy and safe, in a province with very little Corona virus cases.
- Many opportunities to share about Papua New Guinea in Nova Scotia over the next 4 months!
- Provision of an apartment to rent, August to Dec 2021 in MA!
- School has started up again in Papua New Guinea at the NTM Centre! AND many missionaries have been able to return!
- The Interface program will be held at Wayumi in PA, USA this year! (email to come)
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Covid-19 cases would start to decrease in Papua New Guinea & safety and wisdom for missionaries serving there right now.
- Quick approval of Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Clear words and encouraging times as we start sharing about Papua New Guinea this Sunday here in Nova Scotia.
- Jonathan and Naomi will enjoy and fit into their roles of telling people about Papua New Guinea too!
- Wisdom in decision regarding school for Jonathan and Naomi in the fall.
- Wisdom regards to a car when we move to MA.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
Thank you all for your continued prayers! We appreciate all your prayers and we are so thankful we get to watch God provide and work in amazing ways! We would love to hear what is happening in your lives and be able to pray for you as well!