The chaos in our house has gone away! And now it is looking a lot more like our home! We are more settled then we were at Easter when we last wrote. 😊 Thank you for your prayers! We have our own furniture, family photos are hung and almost everything is organized and put away. We are enjoying functioning daily with A LOT less chaos! Jacob is back to work building, planning and fixing. The last touches are being put on an apartment and the high school library is getting ready to be redone. Jacob is involved in overseeing and planning these projects. Plus he has been designing a new counter for our kitchen made out of metal from a water tank no longer in use AND planning the a dog kennel and water system needed at the centre in Port Morseby. PLUS we have started homeschooling! Jonathan has just 3 more weeks of school. We had to take a 5 week school break packing/traveling/unpacking but now we are thankful that we are making progress again. 😊Naomi is working on a little kindergarten fun but is excited to start real kindergarten in a classroom in August!
But tomorrow we fly back to Port Moresby, the capital of PNG for Jacob to do some work projects. And Jonathan has a few dentist appointments. We are excited to see our good friend Nate and be able to help him out with his work load there at the NTM Center and Guesthouse facility. Homeschool will continue there and hopefully we will finish soon!! We are happy to have our home here in Goroka unpacked, so when we return in the middle of June it will be easy for us to settle back in quickly. By then, we will be done with homeschool so we will be able to take over the Guesthouse ministry once again. Please pray for this transition for us and the kids into life of guesthouse and summer fun of no school. 😊
- We are feeling more settled and happy to be home in PNG!
- We are all healthy after a bout of colds and coughs.
- Jacob’s eye continues to improve.
- Homeschooling is going well and we are down to our last few weeks!
- God has provided Elementary teachers for our missions school for next school year!
- Jacob is enjoying his new role in Tech Services planning, overseeing and working on projects.
- Dentist in Port Moresby (POM), PNG, who can help Jonathan in the next 1-1 ½ years to correct his jaw growth.
- Opportunity to take a trip to POM so that Jacob can work on a few projects on the centre there and we can help out our good friend, Nate.
- We just heard there is an ophthalmologist in POM that can check Naomi annually.
- We can also send photos of Naomi’s birthmarks to her dermatologist at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- New and old friends – Naomi and Jonathan love being back home in PNG!
- A God who loves us so much He continues to guide us in our steps day by day and moment by moment.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have abundant daily life and REST in Him.
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Covid-19 cases would continue to stay at a minimum here in Papua New Guinea.
- Friday, May 20th – smooth trip to Port Moresby (POM), the capital of PNG.
- Adjustment for Jonathan has he will have retainers/head gear fit while we are in POM, appointment on May 23rd.
- Jacob as he plans and works on a few projects in POM at the NTM Centre while we are there for 3 ½ weeks.
- That we can finish school well in POM.
- Smooth transition back into the guesthouse ministry the 3rd week of June.
- Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency card would arrive in the mail soon.
- Finances to become 100% supported… we are in need of $475/month which is just over 9 people giving $50 a month or 19 people giving $25 a month!
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
More laborers to minister to the Bena people.