This Easter is a bit chaotic for us as we are on the other side of the world in Papua New Guinea with a house full of suitcases and totes and the disorder and confusion of unpacking our house. It is so good to be back here and use Easter as a time to reflect on all God has done for us on the cross and also in the last 14 months in North America. He brought us back to PNG in only ways He can orchestrate! We are blessed!
Thank you all for praying for our travels around the world! God worked many miracles along the way which we would like to thank God for!
Quickly retaking all our covid tests to make our flight
Filling out correct paperwork online in time
Extra seats made for good sleep on multiple flights
Amazing playground in Doha for Jonathan and Naomi– hours of fun with new friends!
All 12 bags checked all the way through from Boston to Doha to Singapore to PNG!
3rd Covid test of our flights in Port Moresby, PNG was more invasive BUT God helped Jonathan endure it and prevented Naomi from requiring it!
Our restful and fun visit with Nate, our good friend in Port Moresby, was extended to 10 days due to inability to book tickets.
- Wisdom given and strength needed to finish packing up our apartment and our suitcases before our trip!
- Multiple negative Covid tests along our way to Papua New Guinea!
- Good flights and safety and health as we traveled around the world!
- Friends and co-workers here that bought food for us and helped us unpack and settle in.
- Naomi didn’t get her bad cold and cough until after we arrived in Goroka, PNG.
- Dentist in Port Moresby, PNG. who can help Jonathan in the next 1-1 ½ years to correct his jaw growth.
- New and old friends ready and waiting to play with Naomi and Jonathan!
- Jacob’s 4 wheeler started up with no problems!
- A God who loves us so much He continues to guide us in our steps day by day.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have abundant daily life and REST in Him.
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Covid-19 cases would continue to stay at a minimum here in Papua New Guinea.
- Jacob’s eye has been bothering him… pray for quick healing.
- Healing from a nasty cold that hit us (mostly Naomi) when arriving in Goroka.
- Wisdom and strength for unpacking and organizing.
- Ability to unpack quickly and start homeschooling again to finish off the school year well.
- Smooth adjustments for Jacob as he steps into a centre maintenance role in Tech Services next week.
- Smooth transition back into the guesthouse ministry at the beginning of June.
- Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency card would arrive in the mail soon.
- Provision of more elementary teachers for our kid’s school here.
- Finances to become 100% supported… we are in need of $475/month which is just over 9 people giving $50 a month or 19 people giving $25 a month!
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist in PNG that can check Naomi annually.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
Thank you all for praying us around the world!