Our house is full of suitcases, boxes and things to sort and pack and we are full of excitement to return to Papua New Guinea on March 24th!! Thank you all for praying for Naomi’s surgery, “perfectly” is the word the surgeon used to describe her surgery. 😊 We just wanted to send a quick update to let you know Naomi is recovering well! She also saw the neurologist who gave us a wonderful report! Naomi has a rare condition, diagnosed as a baby, known as NCM (neurocutaneous melanosis). This means there are multiple birthmarks which are also present in the brain… meaning there is a chance that it could affect the brain and nerve function. But it seems that her condition is disappearing! The extra melanin in the brain has disappeared and two out of the three larger birthmarks on her scalp/head have disappeared! The third one on her forehead was removed last week. So the neurologist said that Naomi only needs two year intervals for her MRIs right now. If she continues to have clear MRIs this they may not be needed as often! She will still need to see the ophthalmologist and dermatologist once a year, for now.
We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we finish clearing our belongings from the apartment. It can become very overwhelming sometimes! Yet we know that God has a perfect plan as we think about how best to store our things and pack our suitcases. 😊As I said in our last email update… We are continually reminded of how we just need to trust that God has a plan in what we seem to think is chaos. God has each day planned for exactly what will bring Him glory through us. So there is no need for us to worry about how the details will work out. Thank you for your continued prayers!
- Good times connecting with our home church here in MA!
- Opportunity for the kids to play Saturday basketball at our church.
- Naomi’s 2nd surgery went very well!
- The blessing of help with finances to pay for Naomi’s surgery portion not covered by insurance.
- Naomi’s condition is disappearing!
- We are healthy and safe!
- A God who loves us so much He continues to guide us in our steps day by day.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him.
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Naomi will be able to attend kindergarten at our mission centre where we live!
- Covid-19 cases would continue to decrease in Papua New Guinea & safety and wisdom for missionaries serving there right now.
- Jacob’s eye has been bothering him… pray for quick healing.
- Wisdom and strength for packing and sorting.
- Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency card would arrive in the mail soon.
- Negative covid tests on March 22nd and smooth flights March 24-27th to PNG.
- Provision of more elementary teachers for the missions school in PNG that our kids will attend.
- Finances to become 100% supported… we are in need of $475/month which is just over 9 people giving $50 a month or 19 people giving $25 a month!
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist in PNG that can check Naomi annually.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
Thank you all for your continued prayers! We have thoroughly enjoyed getting to visit with so many of you in the last 14 months while in North America!