Photos: Happy Mother’s Day! Georgie, Rumbi and Fiona – Guesthouse workers, Welcoming Dad home from POM, Driving Lessons, Fun Play Dates! Raphael building a bathroom vanity with Jacob’s help
This month marks a year since we have been back in the manager role at the Guesthouse here on our centre. It is hard to believe it has been a year, as it seems like we have been home in PNG for a lot longer than that! We also accomplished a great feat by completing our first full year of schooling at NCA (Numonohi Christian Academy). Jonathan has finished 4th Grade and Naomi has finished Kindergarten. They have both grown so much academically and so we are very proud of them!
In just a few days, we are heading home to MA for four weeks. We are thankful to have this time to reconnect with our families as there have been some traumatic and monumental events happening in our families. And we will also take care of a few appointments for Naomi’s annual check up, an MRI with a visit to the neurologist , ophthalmologist, and dermatologist. Also due to a few high risk factors, Beth will also be getting a checkup via mammogram. Please pray that all tests/scans come back with good reports!
Please pray for Nova Scotia! We are rejoicing for the rain God sent to help the firefighters put out some of the wild fires that spread. We are also praising our Father that Jacob’s parent’s home has been saved! Miraculously the fire stayed away even though the wild fire was across the road and next door. They weren’t able to go back home after church for two weeks and waited in a hotel for news on their home. Last Saturday we talked with them to find out the amazing news! Their home was not touched by the fire! Jacob will take the Ferry up to Nova Scotia at the end of June for a 5 day visit. Hopefully he will get to have a “yarn” (visit) with many of you there in Nova Scotia!
In preparation for our four weeks away we have been training the guesthouse citizen ladies to take over more admin part of the guesthouse as well as organizing daily work. We are encouraged with how far they have come and look forward to seeing how they take ownership of the guesthouse during the slowness of the summer weeks. It is nice for them to ease into more of the management roles at the guesthouse during the slow weeks and also get more practice driving around the centre. The guesthouse is purchasing an older golf cart from a missionary family who has left for the US. We have guesthouses that we use all over our 23 acres centre because we are able to house guests in empty homes. And homes become empty at random times through the year. It has been fun teaching the ladies how to drive, but it also has been scattered with fear as well when they don’t quite know how to use the brake or turn the wheel fast enough. 😊Thankfully we have had no accidents in the driving classes and one lady has passed with flying colors. 😊If you would like to give towards the new purchase of the guesthouse golf cart to help the ladies carry linens, food and trash around the centre, please let us know!
Jacob had a chance to help out in Port Moresby, the capital of PNG, once again as there was a flood covering the center and an assessment needed to be made for future renovations due to the flood damage. He has also been busy training citizens in the joinery on how to use the table saw and plan projects. It has been fun for him to see the excitement of the guys as they learn. He has also been busy redoing the gutter system at the guesthouse and fixing ovens and many other things. His days never look the same!
We also wanted to share with you another one of our kids amazing accomplishments!! They have come to the end of the Delta Genesis program, a place where you can find focus, emotional, behavioral and learning solutions. Here is a blurb from their website: “Delta Genesis is a non-medical program for kids (and adults!) with ADHD, Anxiety, Emotional Dysregulation, Autism, Social Issues, Depression, Learning Disorders, and other neurodevelopmental issues. We use the principles of functional neurology to find out what areas of your child’s brain aren’t functioning the way they’re supposed to, and then develop and plan and program to strengthen and restore those areas of the brain. Through this, you’ll see changes in their focus, emotional regulation, sensory processing, hyperactivity, sleep, anxiety, and so much more! The brain controls EVERYTHING we do – So if there’s something your child is struggling with, then changing their brain will alter their symptoms for the better!” https://deltagenesis.org We are so thankful for all God has done in their lives enabling us to continue our ministry here with a more peaceful balance of life in our family. Our kids are thriving because their brains can now handle daily life! Feel free to ask questions if you are interested in Delta Genesis for yourself or your kiddos. 😊
We appreciate your prayers for us as we finish up the last days of teaching the ladies at the guesthouse and packing a few things to bring back to the US. Pray as we make this quite trip, that we would adjust well and accomplish all the appointments needed for our family. Pray also for Jacob as he goes up to Canada for a 5 day whirlwind trip to see family and friends.
- New Church planted in Malayali, where our friends the Rimestads, Muellers and Earls are ministering!
- The Nova Scotia wild fires are under control and Jacob’s parents house has been saved!
- We have all finished with a few weeks of sickness and now we are all healthy!
- We enjoyed helping out many families as they came and went for Graduation & packed up their homes for 3 months to 1 year, heading to home countries.
- Jonathan and Naomi FIRST FULL year of ONE school! Now we have a 5th grader and 1st grader!
- Opportunity for us to return to the US for family and medical appointments.
- A huge portion of our finances needed for tickets to return home has been paid! (82% paid!)
- God is raising up new prayer and financial partners for our ministry here!
- Delta Genesis and all the progress our kids have made going through the program. Our kids are thriving because their brains can now handle daily life!
- Jacob had the opportunity to go to POM (Port Moresby, the capital of PNG) again to assess flood damage and help plan repairs.
- Jacob has had the opportunity to train citizen workers in the joinery on a few different building projects.
- Training of the citizen ladies at the guesthouse is going well, that they can maintained the cleaning of apartments and welcoming guests while we are gone.
- Dentist continues to make regular visits to our dental clinic here to help Jonathan with this lower jaw movement treatment.
- A God who loves us so much He continues to guide us in our steps day by day and moment by moment.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have abundant daily life and REST in Him.
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- God would work in the hearts of the Malayali people as they hear all God has done for them.
- Strength and good health and clear teaching for the Rimestads, Muellers and Earls teaching God’s word in Malayali
- We are short in the medical clinic! Please pray God will send another doctor to our clinic! Watch this to find out more: We Wouldn’t be Here
- Smooth flights as we head to POM on June 17 and head to Boston on June 19 (arriving June 20) and start our return trip from Boston to PNG on July 19.
- Wisdom & safety as Jacob works on varies projects around NTM centre and the Guesthouse. (and maybe in MA and NS while we are home for 4 weeks too. 😊)
- Provision of the rest of the finances needed for Jonathan’s treatment to correct his jaw.
- Provision of the rest of the finances needed for our tickets home to the US. (82% paid! Just $2020 left to pay!)
- Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency card would arrive in the mail soon. No, we still haven’t gotten this!
- Good change of pace and rest for us during this school summer break.
- Good results for Naomi and Beth’s medical check ups.
- Finances to become 100% supported… we are in need of only $100/month which is only 4 people giving $25 a month or 2 people giving $50 a month.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.