We are about ready to head to Mozambique. As we did recently in Colombia, we’ll begin by equipping a group of people arriving from several countries in Africa so that they will be able to help their fields with literacy. Then teams from 3 language groups in Mozambique join us with speakers from their villages and we’ll put it all into practice as we write literacy materials in these languages.
What an opportunity to see God’s Word impact people in Mozambique! One of the languages, the Yao has more than 2 million speakers and spans three countries, Mozambique, Malawi, and Tanzania. The Gospel has had very little entrance into this group and literacy levels in Yao are extremely low, like 1%! A Bible translation is being done right now. So it’s the perfect time for God to prepare the way for His Word.
The other 2 languages are also fairly large groups of people where God’s Word has had very limited access. So as we run, will you stand with us in prayer? Please pray for:
- Wisdom as we dissect these languages and write excellent materials that people will be able to learn to read
- Strength and stamina for us and the team that will be working on this project. We have a lot of laughs and great times, but a lot of very long days with our brains getting pretty worn out!
- Good health and protection from malaria and dengue fever
- Good rest at night (different beds, different time zone)
- That God will be honored in every way through this time
Leave a Reply