This week we worked very hard at unpacking and settling in. We still have a lot to do, but we have the basic structure of our house set up. It is amazing how a clean and organized house helps to make life feel a little more in place. We still have no water during the day. We don’t know how long we will have to live like this, but have decided to prepare for living this way. We are getting used to living without running water and have already started to find a routine that makes it workable. Thank you for everyone who has been praying, we definitely have felt God strength carrying us through this week.
Tomorrow morning we head back to Dakar for a field retreat. We are looking forward to meeting some members of our team from villages that we have yet to meet. We are also excited to welcome the newest members of our team and live with them for the week as they get settled into life here. We are hoping to be an encouragement to them during the transition and also be to refreshed ourselves by the retreat. Before we left I thought I would post pictures of our house now that it is set up a little more.
When we return next week we are hoping to…
- Set up a water tank that we will fill up each night to use during the day
- Finish screening our house
- Get our oven working, right now only the stove is working.
- Fill our waterbeds, this will require a (or multiple) nights of little sleep since the night is the only time we get more than a trickle of water.
- Start looking for a language helper, as we hope to begin language study by the beginning of May