One of my favorite things to do is look around at the blessings that surround us.
- The screens are finally up and our bug population is drastically decreasing.
- A smile on Ethan’s face after his first day of school.
- A new cabinet in our kitchen to keep my Tupperware safe from the dust.
- A chance to host a group of our coworkers from Dakar for lunch.
- A day off from language (I think God knew I needed a little break)
- A relaxing trip to the beach with our host family.
One HUGE Blessing
Before we had the need, God had already lead someone to help us with exactly what we needed for Ethan’s year of schooling. Isn’t our God just amazing? It was just one gift, but even that one gift has made such a huge difference.
- A great school for Ethan – After Ethan’s first day we were so thankful for the school that God provided for him. It is a great school and for the first time since we arrived in Africa, he actually likes going to school. His teacher speaks a little English and he is making friends there. I can’t tell you what a blessing this is for our whole family.
- A new community of people – We enter one more African community and get an opportunity to build more relationships. We pray that God will use us and Ethan to be a light to this community.
- The testimony of how God provides – We shared with our church here about the whole process of choosing a school for Ethan. Then later we got to testify how God provided.
- A marker of God’s faithfulness for our children to see – Ethan was amazed as we showed him all the details that God worked out for his schooling. Those moments when we get a chance to see how God is touching our children’s hearts are so special.
This is only one gift of many that we have received, but each gift has made a huge impact in our life and ministry here. As I marveled at what God did this week, it made me once again so thankful for the team that surrounds us with prayers and support. So Thank You!