Today Joel and I took sometime to reflect on all that God is at work doing. There are doors opening all around us and we are SO EXCITED by the opportunities surrounding us. God didn’t wait for our language study to be done to start our ministry. He was already at work making ministry happen all around us. God is doing amazing things here in Africa and we are just honored to be here and watch it before our eyes. So rejoice with us as you hear some of the things that God is at work doing.
- A new team of pastors and African leaders has formed to meet monthly, specifically to talk about how to spread the word of God in Senegal. Joel has been blessed to be able to participate in these monthly meetings and is excited to see what will come from them.
- In February or March a small group of West Africans are going to be trained by our mission to be missionaries to the villages around who have never heard. Joel will probably do a small part of the teaching, but is mostly just so encouraged to watch this program come together in a way that only God could make happen.
- Joel has started meeting weekly with two new believers from our church. New believers here face a lot of persecution from their families, but despite this persecution these believers are hungry to learn.
- A new church was planted just recently in a nearby village. One of the pastors of that church is part of our local church here and we are so excited to encourage and work alongside him and this baby church.
- Our church here has a man who works specifically with new believers and evangelism He often houses new believers who are kicked out of their families and feeds them. Members of our church shared how we need to be ready as the body of Christ to house more believers when God brings them our way. We were convicted of this as we looked for a house. God has provided two housing options that would allow us to open our doors to assist the church in this ministry if the need arose. We are still working out the negotiations (and don’t worry pictures will follow when we pick which house), but we have no doubt that God is at work in this.
- We continue to build more and more contacts in our neighborhood with many people who we hope to one day share God’s truth with.