Day 1 Of Joel’s Trip: Here we go!?!
Day 2 of Joel’s Trip: Payed an electricity bill for the first time, got supplies from our market, did 2 hours of French and took care of the boys…I can do this.
Day 3 of Joel’s Trip: Took care of the boys and that was all I could manage…how many days are left?
There is not much energy left in my brain as handling life here without Joel is about all I can handle. However I can give you a small picture of what we see around here. Yesterday as I was up on the roof with the boys as they jumped on the trampoline. I started looking around at what I could see from my roof.
So here you go:
- Two goats wondering around on one neighbors roof
- A woman siting fanning her coals as she cooked feed corn on her roof.
- A colorful display of laundry being blown about in the wind as everyone tried to dry their laundry before the rains came again
- Large puddles filling out streets and cars carefully trying to drive around them
- The unfinished house next door that hasn’t been touched since our arrival. Two trees were growing in the middle of it and trash covered the ground everywhere you look.
- A chicken house on the roof of the house across the street.
- A pile of bricks for whatever construction project was planned next
- The lights of from the fire where the local metal worker slaved away
- People huddled together under shade where ever it might be found
- The small speaker poking up in the air that sings/chants to us at any hour of the day