The Boys school has been a major blessing to us. We know not every missionary has the option of a good school and especially not a good local school, so we consider ourselves very lucky. It is not perfect by any means, but it has helped our boys in so many ways in their adaptation to life here.
Here are some of the ways this school has been a blessing to us:
- The boys have learned French, which does not always happen here, since there are so many languages intermixed and not one that dominates
- They are now also beginning to learning Wolof, we hope to capitalize on more at home in the future
- The education is good as it follows the French curriculum
- The class sizes are small (under 10 kids per grade)
- Our kids are now more comfortable interacting with African kids, it gave them the push start they needed and the difference has been remarkable
- It is only from 8 to 1 so I have all afternoon and evening with my boys, which I thoroughly enjoy!
- With the kids gone in the morning, I have a window of time where I can really focus on language, culture and ministry