Thursday morning before Easter, I woke up to an email from my mom tell me about how my older brother had decided to turn to Christ and that he would be baptized this Sunday. Tears of Joy filled my eyes as it was a day that we had waited for a long time. After the initial joy came some seeds of doubt and fear to actually believe and hope. Part of me wondered if it was real and could I really just rejoice. But that doubt was quickly met by the reminder that rang in my ear, “I AM ABLE”. Did I believe it? Yes I did, God IS able. What seems at times impossible to man is possible to God. It is a truth that we need to just freely hand on to. That is what we celebrated this Easter. We celebrated a risen Lord who is able to bring us back to God, no matter how far away we have run. It would have been great to have been there with my family to watch this baptism, but we were here on the other side of the world rejoicing alongside them. Glory To God!
- I spent the week with Cecil, making the drink that is traditionally made here on Easter by Catholics and Christians and then passed out the neighbors
- Sunday Morning we woke up really to worship in at a sunrise service
- We then shared breakfast together with our church
- The afternoon was spent with our host family out in their village, eating together and resting in the heat of the day
- The day ended with a Skype call to my parents to celebrate all that God had done for our family this Easter
What a beautiful Easter celebration! My heart was so blessed to read this and I rejoice with you that we have another brother in Christ! What a blessing. Love you! Glad to hear how God is working all over the world!
Carolyn Gaupo says
I, too, am rejoicing with you and your family over the wonderful decision your brother has made. What a beautiful answer to prayer. WOW~~~all Praise to our Lord.
Jeannette Bessler says
When I heard that your brother had turned to the Lord, my heart exploded with praise. Only the Lord can work such wonders. What an answer to prayer! What a gift from the Lord to your family! When a sinner repents there is rejoicing in heaven.
The Lord bless you and your family. It’s good to know that Joel’s parents are there.
Oh Andi, I’m beyond excited, grateful to the Lord, jumping up &down happy! What a wonderful gift God.
Jane Van Ryn says
We rejoice with your and your family. The LORD is risen…He is risen indeed!!!