Our ministry is mostly about discipleship. I am learning how little I actually know about this topic. Recently God has been challenging me in many areas of this topic and pushing me towards growth.
- I am learning that discipleship is not just pointing out things that people are doing wrong, but pointing them to the truths that God has for their lives. Sometimes it is easier to sit down and give a list a what someone must do or not do, it is lots more difficult to sit down and walk them towards the truths that God has for them.
- I am learning that true discipleship takes an investment of time and often I fight to be willing to invest that time.
- I am learning that my willingness to be discipled directly correlates to my ability to disciple.
- I am learning that I should always ask the question of who else can I train to be part of my ministry, so that the ball never stops with me
- I am learning that discipleship requires being willing to meet people where they are at
- I am learning that discipleship starts with a relationships and relationships require sacrifice
- I am learning that I still have so much to learn, but thankfully God is incredibly patient with me
So as you read this pray for us as God continues to teach us about what it means to be a discipler.
A Quick Update
These past few weeks have been very busy as the boys have been on a break from school. However here is quick summary of some of the ways God has blessed us…
- Our car is now in our possession! Everything went smoothly and we are praising God for this amazing gift.
- We are now 3 weeks into Wolof. We waver between encouragement and discouragement, but are happy to be pressing on.
- Sickness has made it’s rounds in our house, but finally after 3 weeks we are all feeling healthy.
- We spent 4 days in Dakar with our boys connecting with many friends – enjoying times of fun and great discussions