It has been a month since my last post and I think that is the longest I have gone while we have been overseas. It has not been that there has been nothing to write about or share, there has just not been the time to sit down and write about it or the mental energy to process all that has gone on. I try to write consistently so that all posts don’t hit at once as I know life is busy for all, but sometimes it is unavoidable. Like many things in ministry I am learning that sometimes God works with less than ideal circumstances and still uses them. So this is this is a warning that you can expect a few posts over the next few days. There are some…like my dad…who will read on faithfully to the last word. There are others who won’t be able to make it through the flood. However it is too much to contain in one post and I have already waited too long. So for those who enjoy reading of adventures keep your eyes peeled over the next few days for the posts that will be arriving.
I will be honest that part of the problem I have had is not knowing how to voice all that we have going on. There are times that my emotions jump from such extremes that it is hard to choose what to voice.
- One moment we are so excited for all that we are part of and the next we are emotionally exhausted and don’t have the energy to press on.
- One moment we feel like we are progressing and the next we question how can we have lived here so long and not learned how to do that.
- One moment we love Senegal and the next we want to scream in frustration at pieces of life here.
- One moment we are ready to plan the next trip and look forward to those we will connect with and the next moment we selfishly want to keep to ourselves.
- One moment we are encouraged by how God is using us and the next moment we feel like God was crazy to have picked us.
- One moment we have confidence to press on and the next we are so aware of all our weaknesses
There are so many ups and downs that it is often hard to communicate it all. However one thing I know is that in all the ups and downs God remains faithful. He is the unchanging force that we can cling too and trust that as long as we are following him we will be on the right path.