Next week Joel’s parents come back and we can’t wait! Four months without them makes us appreciate them even more. I know some think we are crazy, but we LOVE living together with them. This living set up is not for all, but through living together, I have come to appreciate the community living that has gotten lost some in our culture.
Here are some of the my favorite things about living with my In Laws:
- My kids are getting fed and raised not just by us, but also by the years of wisdom and experience.
- They provide emotional support and wisdom as we fumble through ministry.
- We have someone close by to listen whenever we have a decision to make.
- All the kitchen tasks can be divided by two people so I only have to think about what we are going to eat half the days of the week.
- The house doesn’t fall apart when Joel is away as Dad can fix just about anything.
- It is reminder that life is about compromise and that we can’t just make decisions with out considering who else might be affected.
- Sometimes Joel and I can travel together without worry about the impact on our kids.
- Way more cookies and dessert options are around.
- There are more game players around to make up a good game night.
- I have double the amount of jewelry to pick from and someone in house who know how to make new jewelry.
- I have a partner to shop for fabric and new clothing with.
- Family exercising session are way more entertaining and lively.
- There is a lot more laughter around the house.
We send them back to you with love
Aunt Patti says
I’m glad they will be back with you, but we will miss them! It’s so quiet and dull here now!
Jeannette Besssler says
How wonderful to have Joel’s parents coming back. I’m sure the kids will enjoy having their grandparents there too.
Toby Beck says
I LOVE your perspective and am so happy for the coming reunion. We are happy to have had them here for a short time but we promise to send them back soon! : ) Love you guys, Toby