Next week Joel’s parents come back and we can’t wait! Four months without them makes us appreciate them even more. I know some think we are crazy, but we LOVE living together with them. This living set up is not for all, but through living together, I have come to appreciate the community living that has gotten lost some in our culture.
Here are some of the my favorite things about living with my In Laws:
- My kids are getting fed and raised not just by us, but also by the years of wisdom and experience.
- They provide emotional support and wisdom as we fumble through ministry.
- We have someone close by to listen whenever we have a decision to make.
- All the kitchen tasks can be divided by two people so I only have to think about what we are going to eat half the days of the week.
- The house doesn’t fall apart when Joel is away as Dad can fix just about anything.
- It is reminder that life is about compromise and that we can’t just make decisions with out considering who else might be affected.
- Sometimes Joel and I can travel together without worry about the impact on our kids.
- Way more cookies and dessert options are around.
- There are more game players around to make up a good game night.
- I have double the amount of jewelry to pick from and someone in house who know how to make new jewelry.
- I have a partner to shop for fabric and new clothing with.
- Family exercising session are way more entertaining and lively.
- There is a lot more laughter around the house.