June was a whirlwind! We left Senegal on June 7th and landed in Missouri the next day. We stopped there to pick up a car from a company that leases vehicles to missionaries on furlough. We then began our drive. We stopped along the way to see family, friends and supporters in different locations. Then we met up with Andi’s whole family for a vacation in Anaheim. After that we finish our journey by landing in Portland OR to unpack our bags and settle.
God was so good to us last month and here are some of the ways
- We were able to break up our our long day of plane travel with a 6 hour at a hotel to get some much needed sleep.
- We found the transition to the American way of life much easier this time.
- The kids were amazed the automatic bathrooms in the airport.
- The company who leased us the car has care packages in the car for us and our kids.
- There were two mission barrels that helped fill holes in our wardrobe and kept us from freezing.
- A dear friend and my mom sent us wonderful treats for our long car ride.
- We were able to stay with some amazing friends and our kids made some great renewals of old friendships
- We got to do kayaking, ice skating and visit a water park.
- Ethan got sick, but on one of the days we weren’t traveling and it didn’t pass on to the rest of us.
- My uncle put us up in a really nice hotel on one of our stops giving us a few nights of amazing sleep and rest.
- We met up with my whole family in Anaheim for a vacation.
- We were there just on the right day for Joel to see his cousins film at the LA film fest and also see some cousins he hasn’t seen in 20 years.
- Another family who supports us happened to be there at the same time we were able to connect with them as well.
- My parents got us Disneyland tickets for Christmas and the kids were just at the right age to really enjoy it all.
- While waiting for the lights show one lady saw our big group and ushered us up really close to see the show.
- We made to Portland after days of traveling with no car troubles or really any road problems at all.
I could just go on and on. God was just there the whole time blessing us all around.
Here are pictures of some of our highlights from last month…