Here is a small picture of daily life as we get back into things…
- Back to normal life includes getting back into the habit of cooking from scratch, filtering water, watching our water tank levels, sweeping up dust constantly and all the fun tasks life brings.
- The boys are back a school in person, which they love. Carpooling has changed a bit so are driving 5 times a week rather than 4. However for the three weeks we were driving 10 times a week as a family recovered from COVID, so we are thankful for the 5 times!
- We still have 8 people in our orientation phase for new missionaries. Most are in the last 6 months to a year of the program. We have been slowly reconnecting with them and seeing where they are and how we can help them continue to progress in their understanding of relationships, language and culture.
- We are also looking at helping these 8 figure out what is next and what their future ministry will be. This is always a big decision and hard to sift through at times.
- For the first time in over a year our leadership team was in the same location. Joel has spent a lot time this past month in meetings with them figuring out what needs to get done and where things are at all around our field.
- Many of our village works haven’t had a visit in a year or more as travel has been difficult. Travel still remains a bit complicated as COVID tests are often needed on each end and many land boarders remain closed. We are sorting through where we should go when. Our first trip begins next week.
- Our church is meeting in person and activities have restarted. Joel preached last Sunday. I am getting reconnected with the woman’s group and I will start teaching Sunday school next month. We have yet to start up youth group again and are praying about the best way to do that.
- Part of coming back is taking time to visit people. We have been trying to do few visits each week to get reconnected with people. Our list is slowly shortening.
- For awhile I was was the only language coach on our field. I now have a few people I am working with and training to help. This has been a huge blessing to have others involved and to collaborate with.