Day 1: Spokane – Bozeman
The first leg of our trip went GREAT! We drove about 400 miles in about 6 1/2 hours and surprisingly enough only took one long break for lunch, in which Judah ran around the gift shop in St.Regis, pointing at everything he could see yelling “Was DAS??” (= his semi-bilingual version of “What’s that?”) . Judah did better than I could ever have hoped for — he took 2 naps, watched more than his share of Veggie Tales and Benjamin Bluemchen (German cartoon), was fascinated with his new Sesame Street stickers, had lots of fun snacks, and was just super content! Thank the LORD :)!
The car drove wonderfully, my pregnant self didn’t feel too uncomfortable, and our caffeine-loaded driver didn’t even get sleepy 🙂
John and I also had fun thinking of all the road trip advice we’ve gotten from people:
– “You better take some toilet paper in the car… you never know when you need it!” H.A.
– “Don’t stop for ice cream in small towns! I’ve heard of an old couple who poisoned people and took their money.” K.R.
– “Take the scenic route and ENJOY!” D.J.
– “Have fun! But not too much. We want you to miss us a lot.” R.A.
– “Don’t take any hitchhikers!” G.K. (no hitchhiker would have ANY room in our van!)
– “If you see someone who needs help on the side of the road, just roll down your window a tiny bit and ask if they want you to call the police. You never know if it’s a trap!” G.K.
And just for grins and giggles, we collected Montana town names that made us feel a little better about moving to a city called Roach:
– Trident (which came first, the town or the gum?!?)
Right now, we’re at a hotel in Bozeman (which Judah enjoyed very much; see picture below), John and Judah are asleep in bed, and I’m ready to get some good rest as well — THANK YOU for your continued prayers!!!