How to turn American boys into soccer fans:
1. Wear proper soccer fan attire.
2. Teach them what offsides means, why the referees pull out yellow cards, and that just because someone falls over it doesn’t mean there was a foul.
3. Surround them with Germans who act like crazy people when it comes to soccer.
4. Put German fan accessories on them when they are actually rooting for the opposing team.
5. Celebrate when Germany beats the U.S.A. 1-0 😉
We’ve really enjoyed being in Germany during the Soccer World Cup and it’s been quite a cultural experience for John :).