They say that you don’t really appreciate something until you lose it. I suppose there is some truth in that, but for missionaries, the saying runs a bit differently. For missionaries, it goes like this: You don’t really write about something until you lose it. That is why when you read missionary blogs you will see entire ballads written about missing wallets, computer hard drives, airplane tickets, and socks.
This past Monday, our co-workers, the Maynards, left for home assignment. They took their wallets, computers, airplane tickets, and socks with them. You can imagine our sense of loss. I have really appreciated how David took over the teaching responsibilities so that I could work on the translation full time for most of the last 6 months.
Vicky is also on a short home assignment. Not only is her home assignment short, but she also left some socks, so although we miss having her here we know that she will be back soon.
* Please pray that Vicky will have encouraging times with her family. Her son, Chris, is getting married while she is home.
* Please pray that the Maynard family will have a great time on home assignment as they connect with their family, friends, and churches.
* Please pray that the Maynards will be able to find a suitable vehicle to use.
* Praise: We have heard that Baby Owen is out of the hospital and recovering.
* Praise: I have had good help from Isnag people working with me on the book of Romans.
Thank you for your prayers!