Last week the guys finished the first installment of the retaining wall. The men really worked hard and got a lot done in one week. It is great to see some important projects getting done.
The big event of the week was the Christmas program. It was a very nice program and we were glad that we could be there for it. Being there came at a bit of a cost for us because we had a flight scheduled the next day and we could see that a storm was coming in which tempted us to fly out on Saturday, but we wanted teach on Sunday and be there for the Christmas program so we stayed and hoped the helicopter would be able to make it in.
The pilot tried, but because of low clouds, had to turn back. So, the next day, Heidi and I, along with some Isnag guys, hiked out to town. It rained pretty much the whole way and the trail was very slippery. We are thankful that we didn’t fall or twist an ankle and that we made it safely to the road. The hike was 14 miles and took us 7.5 hours. Cole and Hannah Hinderager blessed us by picking us up at the trailhead and taking us to the guest house. They had also purchased groceries for us, so we had food to eat when we arrived.
- We are thankful that our college kids, Carrie and Thomas, passed another semester of classes.
- We are thankful that the projects went well in the village.
- We are thankful that the pregnant lady who went to the hospital last week is doing well. We haven’t yet heard about the baby with pneumonia.
- We hope to stop by and visit the lady who had the leg surgery later today. She has been released from the hospital and is staying with family in town.
- And we are thankful that Carrie, Thomas and Emily, and cousin Katie Spencer are coming to visit us here in the Philippines. They are scheduled to arrive Christmas night.
You all have a merry Christmas!
Jonathan & Heidi