You may be familiar with the song, and we are certainly familiar with the overwhelming, never ending, reckless love of God. Looking back over the past year, it’s a bit overwhelming to see all He’s done for us. How He has protected and provided. We know with certainty that God is not done with us yet, that we have been called to continue to serve Him with all that we are and all that we have, thanks to Him.
Joe had his 6 week post-op appointment and the Dr. said that he is doing extremely well! PRAISE GOD! In the months previous to the surgery he was only getting 300-600 steps a day with severe symptoms almost daily. Now he’s back up to 4,000-6,000 steps a day with minor soreness and fatigue from the surgery, not quite back to full capacity, but feeling soooo much better.
Next week we hear back from the hospital with Joe’s cardiac rehab schedule. He will have appointments 3X a week for 4-6 weeks. Once he is cleared, he will be able to begin light work part time for 3 months.
During this period we’re hoping to visit with our current supporters and churches. We’ll also do more ministry partnership development to raise our support back up again. The Dr. said he sees no reason why we shouldn’t be cleared to head back to Brazil by the end of the year. So, this is our prayer and goal, Lord willing!
Thank you for your prayers, they have sustained us more than we can say.The Suttle Family
- Pray that rehab goes well and that Joe can rest and recover well after each appointment.
- Pray for God to continue to provide our support. We are at 68% and are praying that we can get to at least 80% again.
- Please pray for Gavin, he is staying at Camp Carl 6 days a week. Pray he sleeps well and does well in his work, pray for the camp to have a Godly impact on the kid’s lives.
- Please be praying for Erin, that she would continue to be able to take good care of Joe as he goes through everything, as well as the kids.
- Continue to pray for the missionaries of Ethnos360 and the mission in Brazil, all of our brothers, sisters and their families serving there. Pray for our timely return! We would love to be back this November(?) Lord willing!
- Pray for wisdom as we move forward. We might need to work at the Manaus office a while until Joe is ready to move back to PQQ.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.Psalm 40:3