Kims’ update (2018 Summer)
The gospel in Ketengban
It is not uncommon for villagers to move into cities. Sen#$&’s residents include both villagers and townsfolk. Some friends and I have had a privilege to teach the gospel in one of Sen#$%i’s neighborhood, a village named Ketengban. They seem to have no interest in the spiritual things, as they are already caught up in material stuff. This is the reality of AP, and it is a big challenge for missionaries.
(Photo: A Ketengban lady cooking on fire. Aren’t you curious to know what she was cooking?)
Our First Home Assignment
Our potential teammates have decided not to go into the interior. So we had a meeting with the leadership and we were informed that there is no possibility for us to join a tribal ministry team for now. Thus we figured that it is a good time to have our first home assignment.
We will spend six months in our country. We wish to share how our ministry has been going with our supporting teams. We will also keep in touch with the leadership in AP in order to find a team we can work with.
(Photo Left: At a festival It was busy and fun!)
(Photo right: Before teaching the Word of God, we always chat with the villagers.)
Please Join Our Ministry through Praying!
- Team Formation: Please pray that we can form a team. We cannot go to the interior until we have a team. Currently we still need a team that can work with us.
- Kids’ Education: There are pros and cons in both homeschooling and school. After long thoughts, we have decided to homeschool our kids. The major reason is because of our moves. Seowon has attended 6 schools so far, Somyong five. We do not wish to keep moving schools.
- Growth in Faith: We did not plan on going on furlough this year, however God has led us to this point. Please pray that we can trust in His Plans and fully submit to Him.
- Safety: There are increasing numbers of terror attacks in this country. We hope to have a safe flight and journey.
- Ketengban Villagers: We try our best to preach the gospel. We hope the villagers can be saved and grow to be mature believers. We pray that we would visit the States to see you someday. Thank you for staying and praying with us through thick and thin. Words cannot express how grateful we are due to your partnership!