|February 27, 2019:|
Back in PNG
Well, we’ve been back in PNG for a month now. In some ways, the boys were happy to be back. They were very happy that they can run outside again whenever they want, and don’t have to wear shoes all the time. They were very happy to see their friends and their cats. Ty turned six, and wanted to decorate his own cake this year. In other ways, they’ve had a harder transition back. We didn’t do much homeschooling while we were in the States, so Ty has not enjoyed starting that again, and Wyck has not enjoyed Mommy being busy doing that again.
As for us, it has been a mix of feelings as well. It is nice to be in our own home again, and we sure don’t miss the Minnesota winter (sorry, guys!). But on the other hand, it was hard to say goodbyes and hard to transition back into life here. Missions is hard, and we really need your prayers.
At the end of next month, the people we are talking to about joining our team will come. Please pray for God’s wisdom and direction in our conversations and decisions.
Till all know,
Matt, Karissa, Ty, and Wyck
– For wisdom in the many decisions ahead
– For God’s peace
– For God’s will to be done
– For our team, current and potential future partners
– That the boys are enjoying playing outside with their friends
– That we know He is at work in all things
– Homeschooling has been a little better this past week
– Karissa’s headaches have been better lately