A new year has begun, and a new semester is underway here at Ethnos360 Training. God continues to give wisdom to our campus leadership and grace to all of us, staff and students, as we navigate the precautions needed to continue in training. We are so thankful for the 87 missionary candidates who are in training right now. And for the 45 children of those students who are in childcare here!
(Name change: The organization we serve with, Ethnos360, changed its name a few years ago from New Tribes Mission to Ethnos360. We are catching up to that here and have changed our name from the Missionary Training Center to Ethnos360 Training.)
As we prayed for our upcoming year, God kept bringing the word “equip” to mind.
This year, we are praying that God continues to equip us for His service. We also pray that He works through us to equip others.
In childcare, I am praying that I can prepare my students for the changes ahead of them as their families move into cross-cultural ministry when their missionary training is complete. One important aspect of our childcare program is Bible memory, and we intentionally focus on verses that will anchor them in God’s character and that He is always with us.
For Nick, he hopes to be intentional in his time with students during their “work detail” time to equip them in practical skills that will be helpful on the mission field. He will also pursue some additional training that will “furnish him for service” in new ways. He has worked with a coworker on the plumbing system on campus (sewage treatment, water lines, etc) and will take a trench safety course so he can continue to help and grow in that area.
- Diligence as we seek God and the plans He has to equip us in our spiritual walks, marriage, parenting, and ministry.
- For the 31 students who will graduate from the Ethnos360 Training program in April and prepare to head overseas!
- For Kathy’s young childcare students (2-3 years old) who are facing moves around the country, and eventually out of the country, in the coming months and years. Pray that God’s truths will comfort them and give them security.
- God has provided wisdom and safety as training continues here.
- For a good community among our fellow staff members—we even found a sweet teenage girl to babysit occasionally, which has been a huge blessing to Nick and I!
- Bible translation and church planting continues around the world. One example is the ongoing translation and teaching of the book of Acts among the Amdu people group!
Thank you for being part of our ministry as we equip missionaries for cross-cultural ministry. We are thankful for you, and we pray for you!
…May He equip you with all you need for doing His will. May He produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him. All glory to Him forever and ever! Amen.Hebrews 13:21