Here is a short “map” of our journey from Missouri to Washington for our summer break:
1. “Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars at Work”
2. “First of the Rectangle States”
3. “If You Don’t Ski, Don’t Bother”
4. “Where Men Are Men… and the Sheep Are Scared”
5. “Our Jesus is Better Than Your Jesus”
6. “More Than Just Potatoes…Well Okay, We’re Not, But the Potatoes Sure Are Real Good”
7. “Spotted Owl…. It’s What’s For Dinner”
8. “Help! We’re Overrun by Nerds and Slackers!”
If you figured them all out, congratulations! 🙂
|One of the best signs we saw on our trip…|
Needless to say, it has been a long road trip (but the girls have done exceptionally well!). We’ve traveled over 1800 miles, and we will drive the final 200 miles to Seattle this Thursday. We enjoyed seeing relatives and friends in Colorado over the weekend, and we just arrived in eastern Washington this afternoon to spend a couple days with some of Noe’s family, including his mom, whom the girls call “Mama Mina”.
We are SO thrilled for the opportunity to be in the Northwest this summer, and we hope to see many friends and family!
See ya round like a donut (attempting a creative way to end this blog…),
~the Martinez Family