“For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come. Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.” (Hebrews 13:14,15)
As we hear news of civil unrest in several Latin American
countries and moral decline in our own country, isn’t it reassuring to know
that our citizenship is in Heaven and that we have a greater purpose in life
and an eternal hope?
Jesus has commissioned us to take the Good News of eternal life in Himself to those who have never heard, promising to be with us always as we carry out that mission. (Matthew 28:18-20)
In this Thanksgiving season, we’d like to share some examples of Christ’s help and presence with us for which we are grateful.
- In our last letter, we mentioned that we needed to upgrade to Windows 10 computers since Win 7 will be unsupported after the New Year.
What a surprise to receive an email from much-loved supporters, asking us to make a list of whatever we needed! Through them, the Lord supplied us with new Dell 7400 laptops and the necessary peripherals.
Thank you, Lord!
- We also mentioned the deteriorating condition of our cars in August.
Again, we were blown away when great friends in El Paso told us they wanted to give us one of their cars, a 2012 Genesis!
This last week, Steve made the trip to El Paso by Amtrak (a fun experience) on Tuesday and drove it back here to Leander on Wednesday. Then we advertised our 95 Taurus and it sold within a day.
Thank you, Lord!
- We are working toward the goal of moving to “The Homes Ethnos360” in Sanford, Florida. This doesn’t mean we’re retiring, but we do believe that we should take advantage of the opportunity to significantly reduce our cost of housing.
There’s an apartment available for us in March. In order for us to make the move, we need to repair our tile floor and sell this house. The forensic engineer gave a favorable report, for which we thank the Lord. Now we’re praying that the insurance company and the contractor will work things out soon. They generally have moved at a rather deliberate pace.
- Your continued intercession for Eida’s health is much appreciated. She’s still experiencing tingling and numbness in her legs and will be seeing several specialists to determine the cause and prescribe treatment.
We thank the Lord for progress on our ministry projects. We recently translated:
- The updated Ethnos360 Child Safety Manual and Handbook for the Spanish-speaking fields of our Latin American region.
- A PowerPoint presentation to be used by the Translation Consultant team in equipping Latin American translators of Scripture into tribal languages.
- Five articles for our Ethnos360 Magazine, posted on our espanol.ethnos360.org website.
- We created a couple of original (not translated) articles for our Spanish website from prayer letters written by Mexican missionaries working in Africa and Papua New Guinea.
- Website visitors write us through the contact page of our Spanish website, to which we respond, and we also field requests for materials from our Global Partner organizations and other missions.
- We’re continuing to work on editing the Spanish edition of a brief history of our mission.
Our hearts are filled with gratitude to the Lord for you and your loving friendship and faithful partnership with us in equipping Latin American cross-cultural church planters.
May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your family and friends. We look forward to spending the day with Art and Marlene and little Kaylene!
Steve & Eida Irwin
Ethnos360 Spanish Language Resources