[The following text is a letter we sent out last night to everyone on our email update list. We send out these email updates about every other week, usually with pictures & prayer requests. This is the best way to stay informed about our ministry. Please contact us if you would like to receive these updates.]
“But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” -James 1:5
As you may know, last Friday we received word that our visas were approved for our move to Papua New Guinea. Today, we received our visas in the mail.
Considering our low support, over the last couple of days we have made it our goal to speak with as many wise counselors as we could, to seek the leadership of our home church and to pray continually for the Lord’s clear direction for our departure date to PNG. So…
We have decided, in fellowship with our home church leadership and our mission organization, to go ahead and depart for Papua New Guinea at our current support percentage.
No doubt, this is a step of faith. There are many details that went into this decision that I won’t share with you here. We are not heading out blindly, as we do understand what going over under-supported may mean for our family. However, we are confident that the Lord has brought us to this point and will continue to provide as He has over the last few years. We know that His heart is to reach the world for Himself, and we are excited to trust in His provision every step of the way.
How do we feel? We are thrilled, of course! Honestly, we wanted to be able to go, but knew we should seek wise counsel before making this HUGE decision. Having sought the Lord and trusted advisors, we feel great about the choice made! We believe it was the right one and we are excited to trust the Lord in new & exciting ways.
Will you trust the Lord with us? Please commit to praying with us and for us as we embark on this new adventure that we have been preparing for, for so long! We need you.
Our Next Step is purchasing our plane tickets! We don’t know the exact date of our departure because we have yet to book our tickets, but our departure for PNG will be in the next 2-3 weeks. Also, we need to finish packing.
We are very grateful for those who took the time to connect with us and who helped sort through the details of this decision. Thank you for your encouragement and your prayers!
Tom, Beth & Jude Carlton
“Together with you, seeking that all may know Him.”