This summer has been such a wonderful whirlwind! As we mentioned in our last update, we’ve been on quite the road trip…
Missouri to Wisconsin
We spent time with friends that we had made through church and work during our time at Bible School. It was such a privilege to reconnect and rekindle relationships after about 3 years.
Wisconsin to Washington
We are so thankful for all our friends who opened their homes and shared their time with us as we made our way out to west.
Then, after 3 years apart, we spent 2 weeks with my (Rachel’s) family. This was such an exciting time to be there for and it was such a privilege to celebrate these major milestones in their lives.
- My brother Micah got married!
- My brother Joel graduated high school!
- My sister Grace will be graduating next year!
Washington to Tennessee
After some stops along the way, we made it all the way across to (basically) the other side of the country. During our short week in Tennessee we had the privilege of meeting with friends and supporters, updating them on where we are at in the training and our future plans. We also enjoyed spending time with family and look forward to December when we’ll be back in town!
- Andrew starts the 2nd semester of linguistics July 24th
- September: the linguistics students and their families will be moving to Oklahoma for 8 weeks to practice all they have been learning with the Cherokee language.
- December: Andrew will finish linguistics!
- December we will be moving back to Johnson City, Tennessee where we will begin a new phase – Ministry Partnership Development. This is an exciting time where we will spend the next year inviting partners to join us in what the Lord is doing.
- January 2021 is our goal for moving to Papua New Guinea!
One last tiny little thing…
Baby Trott arriving January 2020!
As you can imagine, we couldn’t be more excited about this incredible miracle from the Lord!
Please continue praying for us…all 3 of us
Andrew: putting his brain to the grindstone until December
Rachel & baby: healthy pregnancy. We are currently at 12 weeks, so close to the 2nd trimester and everything seems to be healthy so far!
We want to thank you all for your love, prayers and support, we know we could not go through this crazy adventure on our own and we are so thankful for a team like you around us!
With much love,
Andrew, Rachel & Baby Trott