I can’t hardly believe the semester is already over! It was a busy one for me with studying & teaching classes at the Ranch, studying & teaching Brenda the Bible, other responsibilities at the Ranch, discipling Eunice, staying involved at my church, a three week English practicum, a trip to the mountains, as well as all the other unexpected things that came up!
At the end of October, we took the students on a quick trip to visit one of our Indian villages. Although currently there are no NTM missionaries working among the Pima Indians, God is using Ramon and his family. As a young Pima boy, he heard God’s truth from the missionaries. After a few years of not walking with the Lord as an adult, he is now back to teaching the Indians in Pima so they can understand God’s truth.
As October ended and we began November, we started a three-week English practicum. We had visitors from Oregon and Michigan to help us out. They also helped work on our fence project by putting a footing down to keep animals out. They did a great job and helped out our students too!
My Bible study with Brenda is still going well. We are approaching the Passover & the Israelite Exodus in January! She always comes ready with questions and is grasping so much. Please keep praying for her. Last week I shared the great American treat with her of s’mores. She said it was something she had only dreamed of experiencing!
This is the only picture taken by me of our Thanksgiving Day after cleaning up! It was fun showing our students our different traditions and the foods that we eat all with the purpose of understanding the American culture.
– another semester finished!
– a wonderful group of students!
– a great time during the practicum with the two couples (from MI & OR) & work team (from Halfway, OR) that came to visit us!
– Brenda – that she would continue to understand the Bible study and come to know Jesus as her Savior. Me as I prepare the studies, that I can clearly communicate God’s word.
– as we start another semester at the Ranch in January. Classes, study time, and more are required every week. Pray for discipline & diligence as we continue training more missionaries.
Today I’m heading to Oregon to spend Christmas break with my family! It seems surreal that I’m already heading back to Oregon after spending the summer there, but God has a cool way of taking care of me and giving me what I need after a very busy semester!
Merry Christmas to all and enjoy this time with your family!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.