This semester we are down to three students. 🙁 The girl I was discipling, Eunice, left the training because the guy she is dating isn’t interested in serving as a missionary. Instead, they’ll be serving together in a church ministry, probably here in Chihuahua.
This semester has been calmer which is good because last semester I was sick three times with bronchitis last semester, and during my trip to Oregon for Christmas break. Therefore this semester I’ve been learning how to scale back and not overdo it in order to keep my health in check. It’s been a hard lesson to learn, but thankfully I’m working on it. With the mild winter this year everything started blooming early which set my allergies off this semester!!
We just finished our Spring Language Practicum! My parents graciously came to help us out!! Since they are both retired they can enjoy trips like this! It was wonderful having them meet this group of students and having their help in the missionary training.
Pictures of this semester:
This year we actually finished our Bible study book: “Lord, I want to know you” by Kay Arthur!! We went out for enchiladas to celebrate!
In April I got a black female Labrador Retriever and named her Cabela and we are currently working on potty training and obedience training. She’s been a good addition to my home.
Enjoying my birthday & Armenia’s with my parents! Last time I had my birthday my parents was 8 years ago!
Enjoying a rare day off at the outdoor market with Anita!!! One of my favorite places to go in the city!
Classic “Easter Egg Hunt” to show our students some American Culture!
My parents & I enjoyed a visit from Glenn, Teo, & Derek Urquhart, fellow missionaries from my home church that also serve in Mexico!
Surprise Birthday Party for Armenia and I, with everyone from the Ranch!
Summer Plans ::
– Mexico’s Mission-Wide Field Meetings – starting this weekend I’ll have 5 days away from Chihuahua City, enjoying fellowship with all the missionaries who serve within Mexico
– a trip to Baton Rouge, LA & Erwinville Baptist Church – June 3rd-13th – A quick 10-day trip to visit my extended family & supporting church!
– July 17-19 – team meetings with Rancho Siloe staff preparing for the next year
– July 21-August 7 – a trip to Bolivia – I’ve been invited to teach at their Missionary Training Center. I’ll be teaching a class about working with Single Missionaries & one on Time Management
– August 14-18 – orientation
– August 21 – classes start! We are expecting between 12-16 new students plus the current three that we have!
– as I prep for this next year’s classes that I would be able to clearly communicate to the students
– for my teaching time in Bolivia, that it would be a blessing to the staff & students there
– for Brenda – she recently went back to her hometown and so we stopped meeting. Please be praying that the missionaries out their can continue teaching her and present the gospel. Pray for her salvation and her family’s. Praises::
– this wonderful semester has come to a close!
– the visit from my parents.
New Name, Same Mission ::
This year New Tribes Mission is celebrating 75 years of reaching unreached people groups with the good news of the Gospel with the desire to see a church planted among them! After 75 years, and in this changing world, certain places make it difficult to have “tribes” and “mission” in the name. Therefore a name change has come about. If you would like to read more about this name change check out this link.