Our co-worker Lori Morley with the new Simbari Literacy Teachers Manual
Translation of Mark finished
David has been busy with translation and just finished the draft of the Gospel of Mark. There is still some further proofing and checking before we can distribute it to the people. David needs to get some more Bible lessons translated right away and then he will be splitting his time between Bible translation, Bible lessons and teaching. Pray for us as we check the book of Mark.
New Literacy Class Starts tomorrow
This week we spent quite a bit of time preparing the Simbari Literacy Teachers Manual. We needed to pull together all the material into a single publication that our Simbari literacy teachers can use to teach the class. Tomorrow is the first day for the second class. The new Simbari teachers are real nervous but hopefully they will get used to the routine quickly and relax. We are not sure exactly how many new students will show up but we are hoping for a good turn out. We are encouraged that a couple struggling readers who took the first class want to take it again. What good is a Bible translation in their own language if no one can read it?
David and Shari Ogg
(Esther, Simon, Rachel and Jason)
Praise and Prayer:
- PRAISE for completion of the translation of the book of Mark.
- Please pray for the new Simbari literacy teachers and for Lori as she works with the teachers.
- Please pray for all the students to learn quickly and not to get tired of coming each day.
- Pray for David as he prepares more Bible lessons for discipling the new believers.
- Pray for the believers to see clearly how the Truth of God’s Word that they are learning applies personally to their own lives.