Dear Faithful prayer partners,
As I write 6 of our 8 new families are saying their final goodbyes and preparing to get on a plane to head to PNG. They will be flying from several places around the US, then meet up in Doha, Qatar where they will fly together to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. From there they will take the humanitarian charter flight to PNG. This is a big day for all those families!
Praise the Lord with us that 68 Ethnos360 missionaries all together have been able to catch that flight and will be making their way back to PNG in the next couple days.
Well, before I get carried away, let me lay out what you can be praying for this week. As always thankyou for your faithful prayers!
- Praise the Lord with us that ALL of the families, and their kids were approved for entry into PNG. Praise for negative Covid tests for everyone! Praise God for all the little details that came together to make this happen.
- Pray for all these families as they say goodbye. Pray for the missionaries who are going as well as the family members who remain. It’s so hard… for those on both sides.
- Pray for these families on these long flights. The transit time between their home and their “new” home in PNG has been taking in the neighborhood of 60 hours. That’s a long time to be traveling with little ones.
- Pray for us as we begin our final preparation to return to PNG in February. We have been told there is a mountain of paperwork to fill out in order to get on the humanitarian flight. Not to mention last minute shopping, packing, cleaning, and wrapping up loose ends here.
- Pray for our flight plans to Malaysia. We are looking into different options. Pray for direction, and that we can get those tickets purchased soon.
On Thursday this week, we said goodbye to Caleb as he headed back to Ethnos Bible Institute in Wisconsin. He was anxious to get back to school and be around his friends. That’s a little hard on us, but I guess we should be glad that he is enjoying being at Bible School.
We are glad that he will come back the weekend that we leave, to see us off. That’s only 4 weeks away! We are excited to finally see movement toward heading back. But, it has also shown us all the things we need to finish up before we leave.
Next weekend we will be making a trip out to Pennsylvania with some items to put in a shipping container bound for PNG. In preparation for that, we will be trying to pack suitcases to have an idea if we will have room for everything. That way, if we don’t we can just send it to the container. So, the house is a mess, with suitcases, boxes, totes, and stuff everywhere. But, this is all part of the fun. 🙂