We have been spending time this Christmas season unpacking our crates and being thankful for all that God has allowed us to be a part of here in Papua New Guinea over the years. Now we get to settle into the guesthouse ministry here in Goroka!
We have also had time this Christmas to think about how God sent his only Son to earth and how he gave us so much. It is amazing to think that Jesus had to trust that God would take care of Him while he was a helpless baby. A child can’t do many things for himself. His parents must provide the food, blankets that keep him warm, and so much more!
But like a child, we are dependent on God for everything, even the air we breathe. But more than that, we can recognize that we are dependent on God’s love for us. He does all these things because He loves us but sometimes we are blind to it.
At Christmas, it becomes a little clearer to comprehend the love God has for us because we can see His love clearly in the reminder of Jesus born in a manger. We are encouraged by His amazing love for us in sending his Son.
Ephesians 3:17-21 says “so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith–that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
We look forward to celebrating Christmas this year with our good friend, Nate (“Uncle” Nate to Jonathan and Naomi). We are thankful that our crates arrived a couple weeks ago and we have been able to unpack and make this house our home, with our Christmas tree and everything!
- Our crates from arrived!
- All the money needed for the water project is in!! Plus additional money needed to replace our water tanks!
- Many have given to help pay off our debt! And now we are able to save for our tickets to return to North America in June 2020!
- Jonathan has completed and enjoyed 2 terms of 1st grade!
- Naomi is adjusting to new friends and daily life helping/playing in the guesthouse.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Jacob’s leg– for complete healing…. Very close!
- Additional financial partners to bring our support up to 100%.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Wisdom in daily life of running the guesthouse.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
- David Lee continues to teach the Bena, where David and Wendy Lee used to live, pray for more Bena brothers and sisters in Christ!
Thank you for all your prayers, support and encouragement!
Leave a Reply