We are so thankful that we have an all-powerful and loving God who never changes. Thank you for praying for us during this time. We are also praying for all of you all over the world that God would show Himself strong in many lives during this difficult time. “In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.” Proverbs 14:26
Here is a couple updates from NTMPNG…
Written April 3…
“NTM PNG is aware that the U.S. Embassy, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State, has arranged a repatriation flight for U.S. citizens who wish to depart Papua New Guinea. NTM PNG members have the freedom to participate in such a repatriation flight and a number have taken advantage of this opportunity.
NTM PNG will continue to maintain core church development functions with those members who remain in PNG.
Thank you for your prayers as we walk through this together.”
“As of 22 April 2020, PNG has 8 confirmed COVID-19 cases in country. Some of these cases are in provinces where NTM has personnel. Centers in these locations are now at an elevated security level. Field & area leadership have put measures in place in these locations to ensure the safety & security of our members.
Please be praying for our members who are facing temporary but sudden restrictions.”
We were very busy at the guesthouse before the repatriation flight. We were happy that we could help so many. Now life is starting to slow down a little bit as we are living in one of the provinces that has elevated security. We continue to we feel it is safe for us to stay here. We are thankful that we can be a part of supporting the missionaries interior who are continuing to learn language and culture, teach “God’s Talk” to the citizens and translate the Word of God into their own languages.
Our tickets for June 7th departure have not been canceled yet, but we are very uncertain whether we will be able to use these tickets. We would appreciate prayers for wisdom when we do receive information about our flights via email.
We are very happy to tell you that after 10 years of marriage we have finally filled out all the necessary paperwork in order to apply for Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency. So we will be able to live in a North American country for longer than 6 months together! And God has provided all the money needed for it as well! We have applied for the Permanent Residency already! But we are still working on one last part of the application which has been given a 3 month extension due to many government offices being shut down during this unprecedented time.
We would love to hear from all of you! Many of you are in your homes a lot more these days, so drop us an email or FB message to tell us how you are doing during this surreal time.
- God’s Word is still being taught in PNG!
- We are healthy and safe, in a country with very low Corona Virus cases.
- Application submitted for Beth’s Permanent residency! Provision for Fees!
- Jacob and Beth both get to home school Jonathan now, and he is enjoying it!
- Naomi enjoys having Jonathan around all the time to play with & also tries to “do school”.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- The CV would not get any worse in PNG.
- The ability to obtain the last documents needed for Beth’s Canadian PR. And quick approval of it!
- Wisdom in everyday life as things change very suddenly due to the CV regulations.
- Wisdom in departing from PNG if our tickets need to be changed, or canceled and bought again.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Wisdom in daily life of balancing homeschooling, family and guesthouse responsibilities.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.