Today we should have been flying to Brisbane on our way back to the US. But God has other plans for us over the next 6 months! Thank you all for praying for us as we made this decision of when to head home. We are unable to stay in Brisbane as planned due to Covid-19 plus Naomi’s annual medical checkups were all postponed until the end of the year. Flights out of PNG are very few and very risky (great possibility of change/cancel). And right now missionaries haven’t been able to return to PNG. So there are fewer missionaries here at the centre to support those missionaries in the interior locations doing Church Planting.
God moved us from our home in the Sepik almost a year ago. And after packing and shipping and unpacking our crates we finally got settled here in Goroka in January. So we feel it is healthier and more productive for us as a family to stay here until December when we can go to Brisbane for Naomi’s annual medical checkups. We are very sad that we cannot see many of you next week. But with the current situation in the world, we might not be able to see many of you if we did travel home right now.
We are SOOO thankful that our travel agent was able to get completely new tickets for us going the other way around the world for no extra cost!! We plan to leave mid-December for Naomi’s Brisbane appointments and fly into Boston on Christmas Day! 🙂 Please pray that all goes well arranging all Naomi’s appointments during the 1 ½ weeks we are there. And pray that we won’t need to quarantine, because we would love to see Beth’s family for Christmas for a week and then fly to Nova Scotia to be with Jacob’s family! And hopefully by December Beth will also have her Canadian Permanent Residency Status!
We have only had 8 cases of Covid-19 in PNG and all 8 people have recovered. We had one case in the town nearby so we had high security measures put into place. But now those are lifted and we are enjoying more freedoms to move around and gather together. We are thankful for God’s protection over PNG!
We are so thankful that we have an all-powerful and loving God who never changes. Thank you for praying for us during this time. We are also praying for all of you all over the world that God would show Himself strong in many lives during this difficult time. “In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.” Proverbs 14:26
We would love to hear from all of you! Many of you are in your homes a lot more these days, so drop us an email or FB message to tell us how you are doing during this surreal time.
- God’s Word is still being taught in PNG in 3 different tribal locations right now!
- We are healthy and safe, in a country with very low Corona Virus cases.
- Jonathan has finished his 1st grade year and we all enjoyed homeschooling his 4th term!
- PNG is starting to open up after strict Covid-19 restrictions.
- Homeschooling finished just as the guesthouse is starting to get busy again!
- Travel Agent that has found new tickets for us with no extra fees!
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- We would continue to open up here in PNG and get back to normal life.
- The ability to obtain the last documents needed for Beth’s Canadian PR. And quick approval of it!
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Wisdom in daily life as we move into summer, balancing family and guesthouse responsibilities.
- Ability to encourage and minister to those people coming through the guesthouse over the next months. As many people have been through a lot recently!
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.