We arrived in MA just two months ago! It has been very full two months but also a wonderful time, taking in and enjoying everything after so many years away! Check out the pictures on our blog and you will see…. a whirlwind. We moved from Nova Scotia to MA in July, visited Beth’s family and then took off on a week trip to MO to visit supporters and friends. We really enjoyed this time together with friends! Then when we returned we were able to move into our apartment right away and start homeschooling a week later! We are very thankful for this home that God has given us within walking distance of a small New England village. Now we get to enjoy the beauty of fall as the weather changes, something we do not see in PNG. And we are getting into a good routine of homeschooling Jonathan (3rd grade) and Naomi (kindergarten). It is harder to balance homeschooling as we travel, but so far it is going well.
We are excited to be heading out to visit Jacob’s brother & family as well as Beth’s sister & family in Nevada in a couple of days! We appreciate your prayers as we enjoy time together after a long time apart. We will finish off our trip by visiting long time missionary friends as well as a good friend who is so generous in sending packages to us in PNG!
We have finally been able to schedule all of Naomi’s medical checkups at the Boston Children’s Hospital. And we have some amazing news! The extra melanin spots that were previously seen on the 3 MRIs in Brisbane were not seen on the recent MRI in Boston by the technician, but the doctor did see a very tiny melanin spot still remaining. The Brisbane medical records are on their way to Boston via snail mail, right now. We are very interested to find out what the specialized doctors think of this new development. We are unsure of the extent of Naomi’s future checkups. Also, Naomi was finally able to see a dermatologist and all her birthmarks look like they are staying the same and doing well except for the two that seem to have disappeared on her scalp. The dermatologist recommended that her birthmark on her forehead be removed and was able to quickly get a consultations that same day with a plastic surgeon just down the hall at Boston Children’s Hospital.
The removal of Naomi’s forehead birthmark is something that we have wanted to do for some time, but we were unable to go ahead with Naomi’s appointments in Brisbane in June 2020, due to Covid. Naomi will need two simple day-surgeries, four months apart. This means that if we go ahead with her surgeries now, we will need to delay our return to PNG by 2 months. After praying about it and answering all the questions that needed to be answered…we have decided this is the best thing for our family. God is opening the door for us to do this for Naomi. So we have scheduled Naomi’s 1st surgery for Oct 29th. But it is possible that should could have it done sooner if someone else calls to cancel their appointment.
We are very thankful for all God has done for us this Home Assignment since we have been in North America. God’s timing is perfect in all things and He is in control and gives us what we need just as we need it! We know He will continue to take care of us as He does in PNG. We are thankful that we can continue to get rest, share about Papua New Guinea and prepare for our return to the Guesthouse ministry in Papua New Guinea after Naomi’s surgeries.
- Enjoyed our last weeks in NS seeing more family and friends as restrictions had lifted!
- Successful packing in NS and safe travels to MA!
- Settling into life in MA, homeschooling and sharing about PNG!
- Very good trip to MO as well as NY and PA to speak at supporting churches and visit Beth’s family.
- Jonathan and Naomi are doing well at school and adjusting to MA, USA life.
- Good times with Beth’s family here in MA!
- All of Naomi’s medical checkups have happened and surgery is scheduled!
- We are healthy and safe, and the Covid restrictions are lifting.
- A God who loves us so much He continues to guide us in our steps day by day.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Covid-19 cases would continue to decrease in Papua New Guinea & safety and wisdom for missionaries serving there right now.
- Increase in flights to and from PNG.
- Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency AND the kids new USA passports would arrive in the mail soon.
- Finances and wisdom as we decide where and when to travel within the US to visit supporters.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Opportunities to share with Bible study groups and Churches in the USA over the next months.
- Continued adjustments to life in MA and balancing road trips and homeschooling.
- Surgery for Naomi on October 29th – and that insurance will cover it.
- Provision of Funds needed to purchases our return tickets to Papua New Guinea in late Feb or early March 2022.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
Thank you all for your continued prayers! We continue to be amazed at how God takes care of us and directs us through circumstances. We watch and see how the plans we thought God had for us turn into new plans that God already knew will be better for us. We are so thankful for His love for His children and are often reminded of how much He desires to do what is best for every one of his children.