Merry Christmas from very cold and snowy Massachusetts! Last year we spent Christmas in airplanes, airports and a hotel and we were joyfully reunited with Beth’s family a couple days later! This year we are very happy that we are settled in MA just a 20 minute drive from Beth’s parents. We are relishing time here with family and enjoying the traditions of a MA Christmas Season. The last time we were in MA for Christmas was when Naomi was 2 months old. 😊 Plus, we recently enjoyed a visit from our good friend, Nate, who is like a brother/uncle to us all! He came straight from PNG, so it was fun to welcome him back to America again!
This Christmas we are struck with the intriguing idea of the new born baby who came into the world. When a couple is expecting a baby there is a big announcement to friends and family a few months before the baby comes into the world. There are lively celebrations and plenty of moving conversations! Can you imagine how amazing and thrilling it would have been for God’s people and all in heaven to be able to announce the coming of the baby who would save the world?! It was so incredible that it was announced in the Bible 700 years before Jesus was born! And the breathtaking sight of the angels coming down to announce the birth must have been mind blowing for the shepherds. Now this is one thrilling event! We are so thankful for this baby that God brought into the world to save us!
We will be sticking around MA for the next months of this snowy season… but we would love to catch up with anyone around here who wants to get together and hear about PNG. We love to talk about PNG. Just send us an email, FB message or give us a call! We are excited to head back to PNG in early March!!
- Jonathan and Naomi’s PNG visas have been granted… we have passports in hand!
- A fun visit with our brother/uncle, Nate last week!
- Jonathan and Naomi are doing well at school and adjusting to a winter schedule. 😊
- Opportunity to be home for Christmas.
- Naomi’s surgery went well.
- We are healthy and safe.
- God provided another car for us to borrow until our departure in March.
- A God who loves us so much He continues to guide us in our steps day by day.
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Covid-19 cases would continue to decrease in Papua New Guinea & safety and wisdom for missionaries serving there right now.
- Wisdom and safety for the people and police in Mibu… and the main contingent of a gang that is reeking havoc will be caught and brought to justice.
- Increase in flights to and from PNG.
- Naomi’s 2nd surgery that will be scheduled soon for the beginning of March.
- Beth’s Canadian Permanent Residency card would arrive in the mail soon.
- Jacob’s short trip to NS, mid January, as he is only a visitor here in America.
- Finances and wisdom as we decide where and when to travel within the US to visit supporters.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Opportunities to share with Bible study groups and Churches in the USA over the next months.
- Provision of Funds needed to purchases our return tickets to Papua New Guinea in March 2022.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
Thank you all for your continued prayers! We continue to be amazed at how God takes care of us and directs us through circumstances. We watch and see how the plans we thought God had for us turn into new plans that God already knew will be better for us. We are so thankful for His love for His children and are often reminded of how much He desires to do what is best for every one of his children.