This week I realized how much I love buying bread and here is why…
- 1. It gets me and usually one of the boys out of the house everyday.
- 2. The bread is fresh and tastes wonderful
- 3. Unlike other stores, they almost always have what I want
- 4. I don’t have to wonder if I am paying to right price, since the price is written on the glass
- 5. It provides a chance to unwind on stressful days
Our bakery used to be just across the street, but it closed for remodeling. In the meantime we have to walk a few blocks away to pick up our bread. This week I especially appreciated my trips to the bakery, since our life right now has been characterized by waiting and watching…
- Waiting and watching as the violence escalates
- Waiting for a host family
- Waiting to know if we are moving in 3 weeks
- Waiting to communicate as we progress in language
Some days I handle being patient better than other days. Yet on those difficult days, it is nice to have an enjoyable outing to look forward to. Thank you God for Fresh Bread!