Life is busy as a missionary and I know that the business will only get worse the more we become connected and involved. We often end our weekends feeling more tired than we did during the week. There is always something we should be going to whether it be a wedding, ceremony, dedication, church meeting or other errands of life and ALL of these are incredibly LONG!
We are learning:
- To let go of expecting a quite and calm weekend
- That every dirt road leads to some village
- When people say it is not far that could mean anything from 10 minutes to 3 hours away
- To never ask what time we will get back and just hope that we make it home before dark
- To always pack enough food and sunscreen for the day
- That even Africans get lost, stuck in the sand, arrive late and miss the ceremony; they are just less affected by those “normal” bumps in the road.
- To divide and conquer or in other words that it is wise to carefully select what events are worth bringing our kids to
Finding Our Time of Rest
We are starting to feel the exhaustion of a packed schedule. God values rest and so should we, yet it is so hard to schedule that in sometimes. Yesterday we began brainstorming creative ways to create our time of rest (since the weekends are out for us). Hopefully in the next few weeks we will find something that works well for our family, because we need it!