This month we were praying that God would open doors for us to get more involved and connected with our local church. Well God certainly answered our prayers! Doors have been opening up everywhere we looked.
- Joel got asked to give his first devotional at church in French and is starting to feel more comfortable praying out loud in French.
- I started going to Woman’s Bible study and I could actually follow the devotional. It has been great because it is at a different ladies house each week and so I have been slowly learning where all the families in our church live. We are also hosting our first study this next month.
- We invited the first couple from church to eat at our house (besides our host family who eats with us all the time).
- I started working out with women from the church 3 days a week. After 2 years of working out in the heat I might be able to keep up with my sister and brother when we return to Portland (watch out Sierra and Daniel!)
- I accompanied the women of the church out to 2 village churches to encourage the women of the church out there. Each time has been quite the adventure, but stick a bunch of women in a van for 4 to 6 hours and you can’t help but start to feel connected. (Not to mention a huge new wealth of vocabulary for my French study :))
- Ethan and Tyler have started going to “children’s church” and Tyler is even doing the motions to some of the songs.
We are starting to really start to get to know some of the people at our church become involved in the ministries there. It is exciting to see how God is working here. We are looking forward to working alongside these believers and providing encouragement to them as they reach out to the people around them who have never heard the truth.
Other News and Prayer Requests
- We still have no roof but progress is being made and maybe even today a roof will get put up.
- I am quickly approaching the forth phase of our French study. We are searching for a female language helper for me and really praying that God would provide one soon!