This month we were praying that God would open doors for us to get more involved and connected with our local church. Well God certainly answered our prayers! Doors have been opening up everywhere we looked.
- Joel got asked to give his first devotional at church in French and is starting to feel more comfortable praying out loud in French.
- I started going to Woman’s Bible study and I could actually follow the devotional. It has been great because it is at a different ladies house each week and so I have been slowly learning where all the families in our church live. We are also hosting our first study this next month.
- We invited the first couple from church to eat at our house (besides our host family who eats with us all the time).
- I started working out with women from the church 3 days a week. After 2 years of working out in the heat I might be able to keep up with my sister and brother when we return to Portland (watch out Sierra and Daniel!)
- I accompanied the women of the church out to 2 village churches to encourage the women of the church out there. Each time has been quite the adventure, but stick a bunch of women in a van for 4 to 6 hours and you can’t help but start to feel connected. (Not to mention a huge new wealth of vocabulary for my French study :))
- Ethan and Tyler have started going to “children’s church” and Tyler is even doing the motions to some of the songs.
We are starting to really start to get to know some of the people at our church become involved in the ministries there. It is exciting to see how God is working here. We are looking forward to working alongside these believers and providing encouragement to them as they reach out to the people around them who have never heard the truth.
Other News and Prayer Requests
- We still have no roof but progress is being made and maybe even today a roof will get put up.
- I am quickly approaching the forth phase of our French study. We are searching for a female language helper for me and really praying that God would provide one soon!
Andrea Pitcher says
You get a gold star and a big bowl of ice cream for these incredible huge steps of relationships and language! You’re doing an incredible job. I love your open heart and your willingness to go along with the day as it unfolds…whatever that brings. The Lord Jesus is so happy by your obedience and he’s cheering louder than me – and I’m cheering pretty loud!
Wow! I can’t believe how involved you guys are and it hasn’t even been a year yet! I am so impressed. And I can’t believe Joel gave a devotional in French! God has been using you guys so much and he has been working in you all for his glory. I praise God for all he is doing. I love you all and miss you so much!
Jane Van Ryn says
So good to hear how the Lord is working. You are an excellent correspondant–keep it up. We really love to hear from you. May He continue to bless & use you all.